As a kayak lover, you’re probably wondering about the best way to protect your investment. Of course, using 303 protectant is highly recommended to keep your kayak in shape. But is it really good? What is it exactly, and how can you use it?
The short answer is it is an aerospace protectant that can be used to protect rubber and plastics against UV and ozone degradation.
Luckily for you, we’ve done the due diligence on everything you need to know about 303 protectants. We hope to answer all your questions in this article, so keep reading.
What is 303 Protectant?
Kayaks come in different shapes, sizes, and prices, and this gives you the ability to choose the right one. But after going through the process of choosing the right kayak comes the most crucial step: maintaining it.
Some kayaks can indeed be relatively cheap. These might satisfy the needs of some users, like the ones who don’t spend a lot of time kayaking or are just planning to go kayaking in a nearby pond.
But if you’re serious about kayaks, you need to spend more cash on a high-quality one. And when you spend a lot of money on an expensive kayak, you want to make sure that it will last for long.
Luckily, you have the 303 protectant, which is designed to keep your kayak in perfect condition. 303 protectant is a versatile protectant that was originally used for aviation and aerospace applications. This protectant can be applied on any rubber, vinyl, or plastic surface to provide extra protection.
Kayaks are either made of plastic or composite materials, and 303 protectant is the perfect protectant to apply. Unlike other protectants, this one doesn’t leave any greasy residue, so it will be perfect for taking your kayak in the water. In addition, you won’t slip or fall, which reduces the risk of injury.
What Does 303 Protectant Protect?
303 protectant protects against fading and discoloration, so it will guarantee that your kayak will look as good as new after hours in the sun and water. In addition, if your kayak comes with UV protection, 303 will be an excellent addition to protect the material from cracking after being exposed to the sun’s rays.
It also protects the kayak’s surface from scratches and leaves a clear matte finish. It repels dust and stains to further protect your kayak from scratches.
The good news is that 303 protectant isn’t only applied to the outer body of your kayak. It can be applied to the paddles and seats because it protects all types of natural and synthetic rubber, gel-coat, PVC, leather, and fiberglass. So it’s the perfect protectant to use on every inch of your kayak.
Applying 303 protectant makes old surfaces look newer, and they also help them last longer. This is why it’s a great choice if you’ve had your kayak for quite some time because it will keep it as good as new.
What Are the Features of 303 Protectant?
In addition to using a special boat cleaner, you need to invest in an effective protectant like 303 protectant. It keeps all your kayak’s surface in great shape because it protects the material from UV damage.
UV damage might not be visible, but you’ll notice the weakness in your kayak’s structure. It might even start to crack if you don’t apply adequate protection. 303 protectant is a simple yet efficient solution because you can easily use it without professional help.
You can apply 303 protectants to any kayak, boat, canoe, or raft to provide excellent UV protection that will last for more than a month.
So, what are the features of this protectant? Let’s check them out.
- 303 protectant is very easy to apply. It doesn’t need any prior preparation, as you only apply it and then wipe it with a microfiber towel.
- 303 is quite affordable, and you only need a small amount. A single bottle can last for a very long time.
- It’s highly effective at providing UV protection.
- Applying 303 protectant restores your old kayak’s color, gloss, and shine.
- It creates an anti-static layer to prevent the formation of streaks or smudges, leaving your kayak looking elegant.
- It keeps your yak looking cleaner because it repels dust, lint, and stains. This means that you’ll spend less time cleaning your kayak.
- It doesn’t contain any waxes, silicone oils, or glycerin, so it doesn’t leave a shiny or sticky residue. It won’t dry out any surface.
- 303 protectant improves your kayak’s resistance to chemicals.
- It’s non-toxic and non-flammable.
- 303 protectant doesn’t take time to dry because you only have to spray a small amount. If it feels wet or slippery, use a wet towel to clean the excess and wipe it clean, then use a dry towel to buff the product.
How Can You Use Your 303 Protectant?
Cleaning and maintaining your kayak is essential. You need to do some things after every kayaking trip, like hosing down any sand, cleaning it using freshwater to get rid of the salt residue, and using a sponge to remove any stains.
But if you want to provide your kayak with better protection, applying 303 protectant can be a monthly ritual to offer more protection against the elements.
Luckily, every application will last between 30 and 45 days, so you won’t have to worry about maintaining your kayak, even if you use it every single day.
But how can you apply 303 protectant for best results? Here are the best application tips to follow.
- Decide on the surfaces you want to wipe and protect. Although 303 protectant works on various surfaces, you should avoid using it on suede and other types of unfinished leather, fabrics, clear plastics, and headlights.
- Wipe your kayak clean and make sure that it’s dry before applying this protectant. You shouldn’t apply it if there’s sand or some previous stains.
- Apply this protectant away from direct sun to be able to decide on the right amount.
- Get a clean and dry microfiber towel and apply a small amount of 303 protectant to your kayak. You can also apply the protectant to the towel and use it to wipe your kayak’s surface.
- Wipe your yak completely dry to get rid of all the product. If you see streaking, you might have used a lot of this protectant. In this case, use a wet towel to get rid of the extra product.
- Keep on buffing to increase the bonding and longevity of this protectant. It will help the protectant molecules provide extra protection and repel the dust to keep your kayak in the best shape.
- Remember that this product doesn’t air dry, so applying too much product can make your kayak slippery.
- Apply this protectant every 30 to 45 days to keep your kayak protected.
Applying a protectant to your kayak is essential to keep it in good shape, and 303 protectant is an excellent choice. It’s a versatile protectant that you can apply to plastic, rubber, and any other surface to restore color, shine, and gloss.
You can apply 303 protectants to any old or new surface because it restores its status and protects it from discoloration, fading, and cracking. And you don’t have to apply much, as a little goes a long way, making it an affordable option to maintain your yak and protect it from UV damage.
All you have to do is spray a small amount and use a microfiber towel to spread the product. This protectant will protect your kayak for a period that ranges between 30 to 45 days.